Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: 288 8L Bolt size

  1. #11
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All 7 holes should be the same AFAIK.

    I suppose you could use bolts, if you got some shoulder bolts with only 1/2" or less thread length. If the threads are longer than that, the bolt will bottom out before tightening.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member carringtonw's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2003
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok,

    So now I feel like a total buffoon. 3/8" 16 (coarse) all the way. And remember to clean out the paint that was obviously over-spray from the factory. Just gotta have the right tools (and sometimes a monkey-wrench just isn't it...). Well, I've got one together. Now I get to hear a 288C on one side a a 288 8L on the other (both in the Jabo's). Then I get to decide whether I stick with the L's or go with the C's...

    I just took out the old woofers I had (out of some 825's) and replaced them with some even older ones (416b's vs 803a's (the heath version)) since I thought the 416's were mismatched - turns out that one corner reinforces the bass much more than the other and that's all that the difference was. Oh well, it's just a weekend for doing things in a bit of a disorderly fashion, I guess. Now I suppose I'll have to start looking for that Technics 8065 that I have around here somewhere or get one of those digital EQ's...

    Guys again, thanks for all your help and sorry to put you on a wild goose chase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.